1.25.2012

What's New?

Since we have moved to Wooster, our lives have settled down quite a bit compared to what they were six months ago.  However,  I want to give you an update on what has been going on with us!  

Night shift. . .Woof.  
As many of you know, I started working night shift in November.  I knew that it would be difficult, but I didn't know how difficult it would be.  The the past two months I have tried to switch back and forth with my sleeping schedule.  After I work, I sleep during the day, however, when I am off, I have attempted to sleep at night with Alex.  Well, after two months of not sleeping well and feeling terrible, that ended up not being a good idea.  Lack of sleep  = grumpy wife = not nice wife = apologizing to Alex. . .many times.  Fail.

I have attempted to switch to a different shift multiple times, but so far it's just not working out!  And there is a reason, I know there is.  I love my night shift co-workers.  We work well together as a team and they are more than willing to help out a newbie.  Since I have been unable to switch off of night shift, Alex and I decided that it would be best for me to stay on a night shift schedule at all times.  Therefore, I try to stay up until at least three so that I can sleep better and feel rested.  So far, this week has been going well!  

Becoming a one car family! 
Driving a five speed might become the death of me. . .Really.  However, it must be done.   We can both walk to work, so it makes sense for us to share.  If Mere and Jon can do it in Boston, we can do it in Wooster!  With this money we will pay off the rest of my student loans (yayy!!!) and then continue with Alex's and get rid of them asap!  

p.s. if you know of any one that would like a 2002 Toyota Corolla V6 with 112,000 miles on it, let me know.  I have the hook up.  New tires, breaks, and serpentine belt since the summer.  

Pelotonia
Alex and I officially registered for Pelotonia!  I am pumped.  This is a grass roots bike ride that will help raise money for cancer research.  Our goal is to ride 155-180 miles this year and raise a total of $4,400.  I am seeing too many people suffer from this disease and my heart breaks for these people.  If you want to donate, go to www.pelotonia.org and search OW0002 or AW0022.  

Wooster Church
The Lord has blessed us with the Wooster Church of the Nazarene.  We have begun to root ourselves in this church and I am thankful.  The community we have found has been wonderful and we have developed life long friends within just a few short months of living here.  We also have committed to serving in the children's ministry (the one year old room) so I can get a kid fix every now and then.  These kids are adorable and surprisingly independent!  I cuddled with one of them for about ten minutes in the rocking chair just because I he wanted to.  I am thankful for Joel and Lisa, the young adult pastor and his wife, who have poured into us and cared so well for us.   And lastly, we are in a small group every Wednesday night with other married couples and families.  They are such wise people!  

That is all for now!  This was my favorite verse of the week from the book of James.  It hit home to my heart and was an encouragement:  

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 


3 comments:

  1. Great update! Have you perfected driving Alex's car yet?? I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you guys. It sounds like things are going really well.
    We sure do miss your smiling faces, though. We've had to "adopt" another young couple to feed and torment with our kids. lol They don't babysit, though.... :(
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mere, I have driven it once and it went alright!

      Angela, we miss you guys a lot! We will have to schedule a time to visit. Either you guys coming up here for the day or we will come down there! I'm thinking it will be easier for us to travel to you since we are kidless. Hope you guys are well!

      Delete