1.04.2012

Encouragement from the Village Church...What is God doing now?

        Lately, I have caught myself focusing on my relationship with Jesus while I was in college.   It was different.  It feels like it was deeper and different then.  I could literally see more fruit from my life and more growth.  And at times I crave that.  I crave the deepness that I had with the Lord.  I crave seeing fruit like I did when I was leading Young Life.  But currently, the Lord has us in a different place in life.  However, I trust that this is where the Lord has us in life right now.  I don't feel called to lead and I don't feel called to a certain ministry right now.  I feel called to just be.  


        When we first moved, I felt that the Lord just wanted me to be with him.  And I will.  I pray that this would be a season of growth.  I pray that while the Lord has us here, that we would understand the Lord's holiness and righteousness.  I continue to struggle with what that looks like.  But I want to know.  I want to know what it looks like to fear the Lord and what it looks like to give my whole life to him.  


           To me this is a scary thought.  But I want to understand just a glimpse of his holiness and depth of Jesus.  I know that I am only scratching the surface of who Jesus is.
  
           So no matter where God has us right now, I am learning that it is good.  We cannot keep looking back.  We need to look at what God is doing right now.  And what he is doing is for His glory and goodness.  He is running this race with his.  


I am thankful that the Lord is. . .
-strengthening Alex and I as a married couple
-providing fellowship for us
-providing mentors for us who are digging deep into our lives
-sticking with us when we are disobedient
-leading us to a place where he will be glorified


"Hear my voice when I call, O Lord;
be merciful to me and answer me.
My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
Your face, Lord, I will seek."
Psalm 27:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment