3.06.2012

YL, I'm so glad you are back in my life.

After I stopped leading at Kilbourne, my co-leader, Glynda, told me, "You'll be back in the ministry one day."  And that day has come!!  I couldn't be more excited to be involved with Young Life again.  I am slightly biased, but I think Young Life is the greatest out reach for high school students.  It changed my life and I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for the ministry.

We will be leading at Orrville High School, about 15 minutes from Wooster.   Now, Wooster vs Orrville is one of the biggest rivals in Ohio.  When we were introduced at club, Tommy made the mistake of telling them that we live in Wooster (which they would find out at one point or another). . .we were immediately booed by the kids.  I actually think it's pretty funny.  I'm not too worried about the rival, but I am nervous to lead and live in two different towns.  Even with that said, I know that this is where the Lord has called us and I am grateful.  

Orrville club has been great to experience.  Tommy and Hilary have been leading there for the past four years and have been a staple to the community.  They say that they are "still learning the ropes of young life" since they started leading after college; but I must say that they have done a great job.   I am thankful for their dedication to Orrville YL, and now we get to be a part of what they have started.  

Emily is our third co-leader who is a student at the College of Wooster.  Her love for the Lord is evident in the way she loves the girls and challenges the kids.  She is a beautiful woman that I am looking forward to learning from and spending time with.  

Say some prayers for us and our new adventure with wonderful friends.  

P.S. Shout out to my old co-leaders.  This makes me think of you guys and miss you a lot!


This is why I love young life.  



3 comments:

  1. Awesome! God is good! So glad you found your way back to YL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to comment on a different post... oops!

    ReplyDelete